Thursday, October 21, 2010

31 for 21, Day 21: a fun day at the park

Maya had a blast today at the park with her friends.  We rode the train twice, the carousel once, had a snack and then went to the playground.  It was a gorgeous day today, the first one in a long time.  Finally we could go outside and not burn.

The cutest thing happened when we got to the park.  When we found out friends, Maya walked directly to L and gave him a big hug.  I've really never seen her do that straight away.  It was so sweet.  Of course I didn't have my camera out at the time, but later I did get a few snaps of them hugging again.

While we waited for the train, Maya practiced going down the steps and walking around.  She was fascinated with her shadow and danced and signed as she walked.  She liked the train and carousel but not much as the other kids.  Most of the time it looked like she was just taking it all in. 

The best part was when it was just Maya and I.  Before we headed home we stopped off at the swing set.  Maya's joy just makes my heart melt.  She giggles like crazy and smiles all because I push her on the swing.  It was our little private time to just be together.  Those are the best moments of my life.








No comments: