Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 for 21: Day 8, Maya's Dream Team

I'm not very good at fundraising...In fact I never did it before I met Maya.  She's my one and only reason for doing something like this.

This is our third year fundraising for the Down syndrome community.   There are a lot of organizations trying to raise money for their cause right now, many walks in these fall months.  Why donate to our cause?  Why walk in the Step Up for Down Syndrome walk? Well because if Maya has touched your life, then you know it's important to bring awareness to everyone.   It's important to let parents, family and friends know that having a child with Down Syndrome is not a prison sentence.  It's not the end of the world.  Yes, it is a challenge but it is also a beautiful dream come true.

DS Network is a grassroots organization that works to support and inform not only families but also educators and service providers who are blessed with knowing a person with Down syndrome. It is a good organization and I'm grateful for the work they do.  I'm happy to do my part in raising a little money for them.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joann-briseno/stepupfordownsyndromeaz2011


No comments: